Rotini with Fresh Vegetables
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 cup white onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups (12 oz.) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups diced yellow squash (about 2 medium)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 (16-oz.) box rotini
- 6 fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- 1. Cut asparagus diagonally into 1-inch pieces. Set aside.
- 2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- 3. Sauté onion and garlic in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 3 to 4 minutes or until onion is tender. Add asparagus, and sauté 3 minutes. Stir in cherry tomatoes and diced squash, and sauté 2 to 3 minutes or until tomatoes are softened. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir in 3/4 cup chicken broth; reduce heat, and simmer until mixture is thoroughly heated. Keep warm.
- 4. Cook rotini in boiling water according to package directions; drain pasta, and immediately add to tomato mixture. Toss well; sprinkle with basil, and serve immediately.
- TEST KITCHENS TIP: If dish stands or is made ahead, add extra liquid (broth or water) when reheating.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes