Rotini with Fresh Vegetables
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 cup white onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups (12 oz.) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups diced yellow squash (about 2 medium)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 (16-oz.) box rotini
- 6 fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- 1. Cut asparagus diagonally into 1-inch pieces. Set aside.
- 2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- 3. Sauté onion and garlic in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 3 to 4 minutes or until onion is tender. Add asparagus, and sauté 3 minutes. Stir in cherry tomatoes and diced squash, and sauté 2 to 3 minutes or until tomatoes are softened. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir in 3/4 cup chicken broth; reduce heat, and simmer until mixture is thoroughly heated. Keep warm.
- 4. Cook rotini in boiling water according to package directions; drain pasta, and immediately add to tomato mixture. Toss well; sprinkle with basil, and serve immediately.
- TEST KITCHENS TIP: If dish stands or is made ahead, add extra liquid (broth or water) when reheating.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note