Delicious! I did not have white balsamic so I used half white wine vinegar and half balsamic and the flavor is amazing. Anything that gets my children to eat vegtables is an added bonus.
Rotini, Summer Squash, and Prosciutto Salad with Rosemary Dressing
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 359
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 11.1g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 18.7g
- Carbohydrate: 46.3g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 36mg
- Iron: 2.5mg
- Sodium: 771mg
- Calcium: 103mg
- 3 cups uncooked rotini (corkscrew pasta; about 8 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped yellow squash
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped zucchini
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Add squash and zucchini during the last minute of cooking. Drain pasta mixture; rinse under cold water.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add prosciutto; cook 5 minutes or until crisp, stirring frequently.
- Combine the pasta mixture, prosciutto, onion, and cheese in a large bowl; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Combine white balsamic vinegar, olive oil, Dijon mustard, and rosemary in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add vinegar mixture to pasta mixture, tossing gently to coat.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note