- 8 ounces uncooked rotini
- Cooking spray
- 3 (4-ounce) sweet turkey Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped arugula, divided
- 1 cup minced onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 cups unsalted canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- calories 387
- fat 8.3 g
- satfat 2.8 g
- monofat 2.8 g
- polyfat 2.4 g
- protein 22 g
- carbohydrate 55 g
- fiber 5 g
- cholesterol 39 mg
- iron 5 mg
- sodium 558 mg
- calcium 101 mg
How to Make It
Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add pasta; cook 7 minutes or until al dente. Drain pasta in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add sausage to pan; cook 5 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. Add 1 cup arugula, onion, oregano, crushed red pepper, and garlic; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
Add reserved 1 cup cooking liquid, tomatoes, sugar, black pepper, and salt to pan; bring to a boil. Add pasta; cook 2 minutes. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup arugula. Divide pasta mixture among 4 shallow bowls; top with Parmesan cheese.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.