Strawberries take the place of peaches in this version of the classic Italian drink.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: about 1/2 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 110
- Calories from fat: 2%
- Fat: 0.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 0.6g
- Carbohydrate: 12.3g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 8mg
- Calcium: 17mg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 cups hulled strawberries
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 (750-milliliter) bottle prosecco or other sparkling wine, chilled
- Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan, stirring until sugar dissolves. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Remove from heat.
- Place sugar mixture, strawberries, and lemon juice in a blender; process until smooth. Pour pureed strawberry mixture through a sieve over a medium bowl, reserving liquid. Discard solids.
- Place 3 tablespoons strawberry mixture into each of 8 Champagne flutes. Pour 1/3 cup wine into each flute.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Rossini Bellini Recipe at a Glance