Rose's Hot and Spicy Apple Chutney
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 126
- Calories from fat: 2.1%
- Protein: 0.6g
- Fat: 0.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 32g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Sodium: 8.9mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 pounds apples such as Granny Smith, Gravenstein, or Stayman Winesap
- 2 to 3 fresh jalapeño chilies (1 1/2 to 2 oz. total)
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- 1 onion (1/2 lb.), chopped
- 1/3 cup minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon mustard seed
- 1. Peel, core, and slice apples about 1/4 inch thick to make about 8 cups. Put slices in a 6- to 8-quart pan.
- 2. Trim and discard chili stems. For less heat, discard chili seeds. Finely chop chilies; add to apples.
- 3. Also add vinegar, sugar, raisins, onion, ginger, garlic, and mustard seed. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until apples are very soft when pierced and juice is syrupy, about 1 1/2 hours.
- 4. Serve warm or cool. Cover airtight and store in the refrigerator.
- Nutritional analysis per 1/4 cup.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This