Serve these with soup or as a quick snack.
Yield: 24 pinwheels (serving size: 1 pinwheel)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 122
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 4.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 3.9g
- Carbohydrate: 17.2g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 317mg
- Calcium: 28mg
- 1/4 cup extravirgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato halves, packed without oil (about 2 1/2 ounces)
- 2 (13.8-ounce) cans refrigerated pizza crust dough
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- Combine first 4 ingredients; let stand for 1 hour.
- Cover sun-dried tomatoes with boiling water in a bowl; let stand 30 minutes or until soft. Drain and chop.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Working with one can of dough at a time, unroll dough onto a lightly floured surface; pat into a 15 x 10-inch rectangle. Brush about 1 tablespoon oil mixture over dough. Sprinkle half of sun-dried tomatoes, 1/2 cup basil, 1/4 cup cheese, and 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary evenly over dough. Starting at long edge, roll up jelly-roll fashion. Cut into 12 (1-inch) slices; place 2 inches apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Flatten each pinwheel with hand. Brush tops with about 1 tablespoon oil mixture. Repeat procedure with remaining can of dough, oil mixture, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, cheese, and rosemary.
- Bake at 425° for 12 minutes or until golden.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers
Southern Living Cooking School