Fresh rosemary updates basic but timeless shortbread.
Yield: 16 shortbread wedges
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- Beat butter at medium speed of an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add powdered sugar and cornstarch, beating well. Stir in flour and rosemary. (Dough will be stiff.)
- Divide dough in half. Shape 1 portion of dough into a 6 1/2" circle on an ungreased cookie sheet. Crimp edges with a fork. Cut dough into 8 wedges (do not separate). Repeat procedure with remaining dough. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Bake at 300° for 30 minutes or until done. Cool on cookie sheet 5 minutes. Remove shortbread wedges to a wire rack, and cool completely.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Rosemary Shortbread Recipe at a Glance