We prepped the onion/rosemary topping and grated cheese in the morning so it was a snap to finish for dinner. Reduced portion to half a potato/per person & served with CL's roasted green beans & mushrooms. Very good.
Rosemary-Scented Potatoes Topped with Caramelized Onions and Gruyère
Cooking onions without salt helps them caramelize better. Add one-quarter teaspoon salt to the onion mixture once it has browned, if desired.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 stuffed potato)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 264
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fat: 6.6g
- Saturated fat: 3.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 9.2g
- Carbohydrate: 42.7g
- Fiber: 4.8g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 74mg
- Calcium: 183mg
- 6 medium baking potatoes (about 3 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 7 cups thinly sliced onion (about 4)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded Gruyère cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Pierce potatoes with a fork, and bake at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. Cool potatoes slightly.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 20 minutes or until browned. Stir in chopped fresh rosemary and black pepper.
- Preheat broiler.
- Split potatoes lengthwise, cutting to, but not through, other side. Spoon about 1/3 cup onion mixture into each potato. Sprinkle each serving with 2 tablespoons shredded Gruyére cheese. Broil 3 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables