Mine came our a little crumbly but the flavor is fantastic!
Yield: 2 dozen
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage leaves
- 3 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce
- Combine flour through sage leaves in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- Beat eggs, olive oil, and hot sauce at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended. Pour into the well, stirring just until moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide in half; shape each portion into a 7- x 2-inch log, and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately remove to a cutting board.
- Cut each log into 1/2-inch-thick slices with a serrated knife, using a gentle sawing motion; place slices on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 12 to 15 minutes; turn and bake 12 additional minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads