Surprisingly good, I peeled the potatoes and next time I'll use fresh rosemary, which I think would have been better. They don't look too pretty, but they were tasty. I had leftovers, so we had them again the following night and I stirred in a little milk to make them creamy again. I think I prefer regular boiled mashed potatoes, but this was something different I wanted to try.
Rosemary-Roasted Mashed Potatoes
Roasting the potatoes for these mashers mimics a grilled quality. If the appetizer course goes long, just stir in a little hot water to revive the creamy texture; the seasonings will remain just as robust.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 231
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 6.7g
- Saturated fat: 3.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 7.1g
- Carbohydrate: 35.8g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 304mg
- Calcium: 115mg
- 8 cups baking potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (8-ounce) container low-fat sour cream
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a shallow roasting pan coated with cooking spray; toss well to coat. Bake at 425° for 30 minutes or until tender.
- Combine water and remaining ingredients in a large bowl; add potato mixture. Mash with a potato masher to desired consistency. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Rosemary-Roasted Mashed Potatoes Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Make-Ahead
- CUISINE: American
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Vegetables
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Meatless
- COOKING METHOD: Bake
- OCCASION: Autumn, Spring, Summer, Winter, Christmas, Easter, Father's Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Memorial Day, Mother's Day, New Year's, Thanksgiving, Valentine's Day, Birthdays/Anniversaries
- PUBLICATION: Cooking Light