I made this dish for Easter and everyone loved it. I served it with Potato, Onion and Tomato Gratin; and Asparagus-and-Green Onion Risotto. I will definitely serve this dish again!
Rosemary Roast Lamb
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lydia DeGaris Pursell
More From Southern Living
Total: 4 Hours, 20 Minutes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon anchovy paste
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (5- to 6-lb.) bone-in leg of lamb
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl.
- 2. Pat lamb dry, and place, fat side up, on a rack in a roasting pan. Make several 1-inch-deep slits in lamb with a paring knife; rub olive oil mixture over lamb, pressing mixture into slits. Cover loosely with foil, and let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400°. Uncover lamb, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 4. Bake at 400° for 2 hours and 30 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 145° (medium rare). Let stand 30 minutes before slicing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes