Giant disappointment! The amount of seasoning adds no extra flavor and the inverting of the potato cake is not an easy feat. My guy made his palatable by adding cheese and pickled jalapenos to his. Would definately not make this again!!! http://imapretendchef.blogspot.com
Rosemary Potatoes Anna
A thin, golden brown "cake" of sliced potatoes cooked in a heavy skillet, potatoes Anna typically calls for butter. We used our own olive oil instead. Prep and Cook Time: about 1 hour. Notes: You can make this ahead and keep it warm in a 200° oven for up to 2 hours.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 141
- Calories from fat: 11%
- Protein: 3.6g
- Fat: 1.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrate: 27g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Sodium: 154mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 3 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary leaves, divided
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Peel potatoes and cut into 1/8-in. slices. Heat 2 tsp. oil in a 10-in. ovenproof nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. Arrange about one-fifth of the potatoes in a circular pattern in the pan. Potatoes should sizzle when you put them down; if they don't, wait for the pan to get hot enough. Mix salt and rosemary in a bowl. Sprinkle potatoes with about one-fifth of the rosemary salt. When potatoes begin to brown around the edges, reduce heat to low. Repeat layering 4 times, sprinkling with a little of the rosemary salt each time (brush final layer with remaining 1 tsp. oil before sprinkling with last of salt).
- 2. With a heatproof spatula, gently pull back potatoes to see if the bottom layer is starting to brown. If it is, transfer pan to oven and bake until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork, 45 minutes. If it isn't, increase heat to medium-high and cook until bottom layer is browning before transferring to oven. If potatoes start to look dry or curl up, cover with foil.
- 3. Run spatula between potatoes and pan sides and invert potatoes onto a plate or flat platter. Serve hot or warm, cut into 8 wedges with a serrated knife.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This