Rosemary Popovers with Lemon Butter
Popovers are different from your average breads because they do not use baking powder, baking soda, or yeast to make them rise. Steam causes them to "pop over" the sides of the muffin tin.
More From Oxmoor House
- 3 tablespoons light butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Combine butter and lemon rind in a small bowl; set aside.
- Place a 12-cup muffin pan in oven for 3 minutes.
- While pan heats, lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Process flour and next 4 ingredients in a blender 1 minute.
- Remove pan from oven; coat with cooking spray. Pour batter evenly into cups, filling about half full.
- Bake at 450° for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°, and bake 20 minutes or until puffed and brown. Serve immediately with lemon butter.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This
Food & Wine