- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup unpopped popcorn kernels
- 12 (6-inch) rosemary sprigs, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt, divided
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh rosemary
How to Make It
Cook oil in a small saucepan over low heat 3 minutes.
Add popcorn kernels, rosemary sprigs, and 1 teaspoon sea salt. Remove mixture from heat; cover and let stand at room temperature 48 hours.
Drain kernels, reserving 3 tablespoons oil; discard rosemary sprigs.
Place 3 tablespoons reserved olive oil and popcorn kernels in a large Dutch oven.
Cook kernels, covered, over high heat, shaking pan often for 4 minutes until popping begins to slow down. Remove popcorn from heat, and let stand 2 minutes or until popping stops.
Place popcorn in a large bowl.
Add remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, pine nuts, and chopped rosemary, and toss. Serve immediately.