Rosemary Polenta Cookies
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 cup(s) yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh rosemary minced
- 7 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- Preheat oven to 350°F with rack in middle.
- 1. Whisk together cornmeal, flour, salt, and rosemary
- 2. Beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer at medium speed, scraping down side of bowl occasionally, until pale and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- 3. Beat in egg, yolk, and vanilla until combined well.
- 4. Reduce speed to low and add cornmeal mixture in a slow stream, mixing until just combined.
- 5. Form dough into 1 inch balls, place on parchment paper on cookie sheet.
- 6. Cover with another sheet of parchment and press balls of dough into disks using the bottom of a glass.
- 7. Remove top sheet of parchment paper.
- 8. Bake on an ungreased baking sheet (I prefer air bake) until bottoms of cookies are pale golden, about 15 minutes (rotate cookie sheet halfway for even browning).
- 9. Remove baked cookies from oven and leave on cookie sheet for 3 minutes (this makes the cookies crispier).
- 10. Transfer to a rack to cool completely, about 1 hour.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by auskevin and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Rosemary Polenta Cookies Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies