Rosemary Lamb Pot Roast with Cannellini Beans
- 5 pounds lamb shanks, cut 2 1/2 to 3 inches thick
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon herbes de Provence*
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups dry red wine
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 (10-ounce) package cipollini onions, peeled
- 6 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 (15-ounce) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 carrots, trimmed
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Trim any excess fat from lamb. (If using boneless leg of lamb, tie in an even piece.) Sprinkle with kosher salt, pepper, and herbes de Provence. Heat oil in a large roasting pan over medium-high heat. Add lamb, and brown on all sides, about 20 minutes.
- 2. Add wine and next 4 ingredients. Cover tightly, and bake at 350° for 2 1/2 hours. Remove from oven, and stir in beans and carrots. Cover and bake 45 minutes more or until lamb is fork-tender. Remove lamb and vegetables from cooking liquid, place on a platter, and cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
- 3. Skim fat from top of liquid, and cook over high heat until reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Pour over and around lamb and vegetables. Serve warm.
- *Herbes de Provence is a mixture of dried herbs, usually including thyme, rosemary, marjoram, and savory, available in the spice section of most supermarkets.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This