The tomato jam alone is worth trying this recipe. It was incredible. I doubled the jam recipe & served part of it with my filet (I did use the herb mix in goat cheese which I stuffed into the steak, pan seared, then roasted to finish) & part as a topping for garlic ciabatta bread. Looking forward to the little bit I still have left to go with dinner tonight!
Rosemary Grilled Steak with Tomato Jam
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Rose Nguyen
Fresh rosemary brings pleasant pine notes to grilled beef. If you don't have time to make the jam, use bottled tomato chutney instead. Extra rosemary sprigs make a lovely garnish.
Yield: 2 servings (serving size: 1 steak and 2 tablespoons tomato jam)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 168
- Fat: 6.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 22.9g
- Carbohydrate: 5.7g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Cholesterol: 60mg
- Iron: 3.1mg
- Sodium: 504mg
- Calcium: 19mg
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic, divided
- 3/4 cup finely chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (4-ounce) beef tenderloin steaks, trimmed (1 inch thick)
- Cooking spray
- 1. Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- 2. Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add shallots to pan; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add tomato, 2 tablespoons water, vinegar, and 1/8 teaspoon salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 12 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates. Stir in 1/8 teaspoon pepper; keep warm.
- 3. Combine remaining 1/2 teaspoon garlic, remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper, rosemary, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl.
- 4. Place steak on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 3 minutes. Turn steaks over. Sprinkle evenly with rosemary mixture; grill 3 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Serve with tomato jam.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This