- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic, divided
- 3/4 cup finely chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (4-ounce) beef tenderloin steaks, trimmed (1 inch thick)
- Cooking spray
- calories 168
- fat 6.5 g
- satfat 1.7 g
- monofat 2.9 g
- polyfat 0.8 g
- protein 22.9 g
- carbohydrate 5.7 g
- fiber 0.9 g
- cholesterol 60 mg
- iron 3.1 mg
- sodium 504 mg
- calcium 19 mg
How to Make It
Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add shallots to pan; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add tomato, 2 tablespoons water, vinegar, and 1/8 teaspoon salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 12 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates. Stir in 1/8 teaspoon pepper; keep warm.
Combine remaining 1/2 teaspoon garlic, remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper, rosemary, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl.
Place steak on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 3 minutes. Turn steaks over. Sprinkle evenly with rosemary mixture; grill 3 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Serve with tomato jam.