This is delicious - one of the best I've tried recently from My Recipes.
Rosemary Grilled Chicken Thighs
Online reviewers claim that these honey-and-mustard-marinated thighs are definitely "company-worthy." Serving them over cheese grits and sautéed spinach makes this grilled chicken dish extraordinary. For a tasty alternative, try these with our quick Honey Mustard Sauce.
More From Southern Living
Other: 1 Hour, 10 Minutes
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary*
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds skinned and boned chicken thighs**
- 1/2 lemon
- Sautéed Garlic Spinach
- Two-Cheese Grits
- 1. Combine garlic and next 6 ingredients in a large heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag, squeezing bag to combine ingredients. Add chicken, turning to coat, and seal bag. Chill 1 to 24 hours.
- 2. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high). Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade.
- 3. Grill chicken, covered with grill lid, over 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat 5 to 7 minutes on each side. Transfer chicken to a large piece of aluminum foil. Squeeze juice from lemon over chicken; fold foil around chicken, covering chicken completely. Let stand 10 minutes. Serve with Sautéed Garlic Spinach and Two-Cheese Grits.
- *Fresh thyme, cilantro, or oregano may be substituted.
- **1 1/2 lb. skinned and boned chicken breasts may be substituted.
- Rosemary Grilled Pork Tenderloin: Omit chicken thighs. Substitute 2 lb. pork tenderloin and grill as directed 8 to 10 minutes on each side. Proceed with recipe as directed. Prep: 10 min., Chill: 1 hr., Grill: 20 min., Stand: 10 min.
- Sautéed Garlic Spinach: Heat 1 tsp. olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté 1 pressed garlic clove in hot oil 30 seconds. Add 1 (10-oz.) bag fresh spinach, thoroughly washed, to skillet, and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Serve spinach with slotted spoon or tongs. Makes 4 servings; Prep: 5 min., Cook: 4 min.
- Two-Cheese Grits: Bring 4 cups water and 1 tsp. salt to a boil in a 3-qt. saucepan. Whisk in 1 cup uncooked quick-cooking grits; reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 5 to 6 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat, and stir in 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup (2 oz.) shredded Parmesan cheese, and 2 Tbsp. butter. Sprinkle with pepper to taste. Makes 4 servings; Prep: 5 min., Cook: 10 min.
- Honey Mustard Sauce: Stir together 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard, and 2 Tbsp. honey. Makes about 3/4 cup; Prep: 5 min.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note