Delicious. Marinated for 24 hours and followed exactly. Made the spinach and cheesy mashed potatoes (instead of grits). Will make again for sure and will try all the alternates. YUM
Rosemary Grilled Chicken Thighs
Online reviewers claim that these honey-and-mustard-marinated thighs are definitely "company-worthy." Serving them over cheese grits and sautéed spinach makes this grilled chicken dish extraordinary. For a tasty alternative, try these with our quick Honey Mustard Sauce.
More From Southern Living
Other: 1 Hour, 10 Minutes
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary*
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds skinned and boned chicken thighs**
- 1/2 lemon
- SautÃ©ed Garlic Spinach
- Two-Cheese Grits
- 1. Combine garlic and next 6 ingredients in a large heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag, squeezing bag to combine ingredients. Add chicken, turning to coat, and seal bag. Chill 1 to 24 hours.
- 2. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high). Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade.
- 3. Grill chicken, covered with grill lid, over 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat 5 to 7 minutes on each side. Transfer chicken to a large piece of aluminum foil. Squeeze juice from lemon over chicken; fold foil around chicken, covering chicken completely. Let stand 10 minutes. Serve with Sautéed Garlic Spinach and Two-Cheese Grits.
- *Fresh thyme, cilantro, or oregano may be substituted.
- **1 1/2 lb. skinned and boned chicken breasts may be substituted.
- Rosemary Grilled Pork Tenderloin: Omit chicken thighs. Substitute 2 lb. pork tenderloin and grill as directed 8 to 10 minutes on each side. Proceed with recipe as directed. Prep: 10 min., Chill: 1 hr., Grill: 20 min., Stand: 10 min.
- Sautéed Garlic Spinach: Heat 1 tsp. olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté 1 pressed garlic clove in hot oil 30 seconds. Add 1 (10-oz.) bag fresh spinach, thoroughly washed, to skillet, and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Serve spinach with slotted spoon or tongs. Makes 4 servings; Prep: 5 min., Cook: 4 min.
- Two-Cheese Grits: Bring 4 cups water and 1 tsp. salt to a boil in a 3-qt. saucepan. Whisk in 1 cup uncooked quick-cooking grits; reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 5 to 6 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat, and stir in 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup (2 oz.) shredded Parmesan cheese, and 2 Tbsp. butter. Sprinkle with pepper to taste. Makes 4 servings; Prep: 5 min., Cook: 10 min.
- Honey Mustard Sauce: Stir together 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard, and 2 Tbsp. honey. Makes about 3/4 cup; Prep: 5 min.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note