Excellent! Made it without the lemon rind and walnuts and still very yummy. Next time will try 1 tsp. lemon rind.
Rosemary Green Beans
More From Southern Living
- Calories: 68
- Calories from fat: 54%
- Fat: 4.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 1.9g
- Carbohydrate: 6.9g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 195mg
- Calcium: 40mg
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 green onions, sliced (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- Garnish: fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1. Sprinkle green beans evenly with 1/4 tsp. salt, and place in a steamer basket over boiling water; cover and steam 10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Plunge green beans into ice water to stop the cooking process, and drain.
- 2. Sauté green onions and rosemary in hot oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes or until softened. Add green beans, pecans, lemon rind, and remaining 1/4 tsp. salt, stirring until thoroughly heated. Garnish, if desired, and serve immediately.
- Mary Pappas, Richmond, Virginia
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note