- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 medium baking potato, peeled and shredded
- 1 medium-size sweet potato, peeled and shredded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh garlic
How to Make It
Melt butter and 1 tablespoon oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Combine potatoes, salt, pepper, rosemary and garlic.
Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Drop potato mixture into 3 1/2 inch rounds; cook, in batches, 5 minutes on each side or until golden, adding remaining oil as necessary. Press down with a spatula to flatten.