I used the chicken thighs I had used to make chicken soup. then followed the recipe except I cooked it at a lower temperature. I sliced the potatos. Great dish and all my company loved it as well. More Sauce next time, great idea.
Lemon-Rosemary-Garlic Chicken and Potatoes
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Heather Chadduck Hillegas
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 5 Minutes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 (3.5-oz.) jar capers, drained
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 10 garlic cloves, smashed
- 3 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 chicken legs (about 1 1/2 lb.)
- 4 skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs (about 2 1/2 lb.)
- 2 pounds small red potatoes
- Crusty French bread
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°. Stir together first 8 ingredients in a medium bowl.
- 2. Place a roasting pan on stove top over 2 burners. Add 3 Tbsp. olive oil, and heat over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with desired amount of salt and pepper; place, skin sides down, in pan. Add potatoes. Cook 9 to 10 minutes or until chicken is browned. Turn chicken, and pour lemon mixture over chicken.
- 3. Bake at 450° for 45 to 50 minutes or until chicken is done. Serve chicken with sauce and French bread.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This