Divine. Did 2 bone-in breast + 2 each of thighs and legs. The best chicken we have had in awhile. Definite keeper.
Lemon-Rosemary-Garlic Chicken and Potatoes
Nicknamed "Anytime Chicken" by Test Kitchen Specialist Vanessa McNeil Rocchio, this winner of a chicken dinner is our new favorite roasting-pan supper for weeknights or easy entertaining with friends.
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 5 Minutes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 (3.5-oz.) jar capers, drained
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 10 garlic cloves, smashed
- 3 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 chicken legs (about 1 1/2 lb.)
- 4 skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs (about 2 1/2 lb.)
- 2 pounds small red potatoes
- Crusty French bread
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°. Stir together first 8 ingredients in a medium bowl.
- 2. Place a roasting pan on stove top over 2 burners. Add 3 Tbsp. olive oil, and heat over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with desired amount of salt and pepper; place, skin sides down, in pan. Add potatoes. Cook 9 to 10 minutes or until chicken is browned. Turn chicken, and pour lemon mixture over chicken.
- 3. Bake at 450° for 45 to 50 minutes or until chicken is done. Serve chicken with sauce and French bread.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note