With a saucer of extra-virgin olive oil, it's an update on bread and butter.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
More From Real Simple
Amount per serving
- Calcium: 85mg
- Calories: 357
- Calories from fat: 0%
- Carbohydrate: 43g
- Cholesterol: 12mg
- Fat: 15g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 2mg
- Protein: 11mg
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Sodium: 1136mg
- 1 1-pound ball of pizza dough
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated extra-sharp cheddar
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- Lightly flour the back of a 15-by-10-inch baking sheet. Roll or pull the pizza dough to about 1/2 inch thick. Place the dough on the back of the baking sheet. Brush liberally with olive oil.
- Light a charcoal grill and allow the coals to burn until covered with gray ash or heat a gas grill to medium. Using the baking sheet like a big spatula, slide the dough directly onto the cooking grate. Grill over direct medium heat until the underside of the dough is marked, 1 to 3 minutes. Don't worry if the crust bubbles; it will deflate when turned over. Slide the dough onto the baking sheet and flip the ungrilled side onto the grate.
- Brush with olive oil and scatter the cheddar, rosemary, and salt on top. Cover and grill for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the flatbread from grill and cool slightly on a rack. Cut cross-wise into strips. Can be served at room temperature.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables