I make my own fig preserves and this is one of my favorite ways to use it. It is a family favorite.
Rosemary-Fig Chicken with Port
This company-worthy dish received top reviews in our Test Kitchens because it's quick, easy, and simply unbeat-able in terms of taste. Use garlic powder instead of fresh garlic; it won't burn when you sear the chicken.
Prep: 4 minutes; Cook: 15 minutes
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 329
- Calories from fat: 7%
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 39.4g
- Carbohydrate: 31.4g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 99mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 403mg
- Calcium: 23mg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 2/3 cup fig preserves
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 6 tablespoons port or other sweet red wine
- 1. Sprinkle first 3 ingredients evenly over chicken. Coat chicken with cooking spray.
- 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Combine fig preserves, rosemary, and wine in a bowl; add to chicken, stirring gently. Cover, reduce heat to medium, and cook 6 minutes or until chicken is done. Uncover and cook 1 minute over medium-high heat or until sauce is slightly thick. Serve sauce over chicken.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This