Rosemary Chicken and Wild Rice Skillet
This one-dish dinner is easy on the cook and appeals to the whole family.
Yield: 5 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half and 3/4 cup rice mixture)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 390
- Calories from fat: 13%
- Fat: 5.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 45.6g
- Carbohydrate: 36.4g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 99mg
- Iron: 3.1mg
- Sodium: 824mg
- Calcium: 74mg
- 1 (6.2-ounce) package fast-cooking recipe long-grain and wild rice (such as Uncle Ben's)
- 5 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 cup chopped onion (1 medium)
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1 cup water
- 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- 1. Remove seasoning packet from rice. Sprinkle chicken with 1 1/2 tablespoons seasoning mixture. Reserve remaining seasoning mixture.
- 2. Combine flour, rosemary, and pepper in a shallow dish. Dredge chicken in flour mixture.
- 3. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken to pan; cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove chicken from pan; set aside.
- 4. Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in pan over medium heat; sauté carrots, onion, and garlic in hot oil 2 minutes. Add water and broth; bring to a boil. Stir in rice and remainder of seasoning packet; top with chicken. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until chicken is done.
- 5. Remove from heat, and place chicken on serving plates. Add spinach to rice mixture, and stir until spinach wilts. Serve chicken with rice mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note