I made this chicken salad without the nuts because I'm serving it at a bridal shower and don't know if anyone has nut allergies. I added some chopped celery like others suggested to give it that little crunch. I used fat free plain Greek yogurt with regular mayonnaise, not light. It was delicious, and saves a LOT of calories by using yogurt for half of the dressing. I will definitely make this again.
Rosemary Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Fresh rosemary and smoked almonds set this chicken salad apart from all the others, and rotisserie chicken breasts make it quick and easy.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 360
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 11.6g
- Saturated fat: 2.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Protein: 33.6g
- Carbohydrate: 29.9g
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Cholesterol: 76mg
- Iron: 2.9mg
- Sodium: 529mg
- Calcium: 104mg
- 3 cups chopped roasted skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 3/4 pound)
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped smoked almonds
- 1/4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 10 slices whole-grain bread
- Combine first 9 ingredients, stirring well. Spread about 2/3 cup of chicken mixture over each of 5 bread slices, and top with remaining bread slices. Cut sandwiches diagonally in half.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note