- 3- pound whole broiler-fryer chicken
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 4 medium red potatoes, cut into quarters
- 2 cups fresh or frozen whole baby carrots
- 2 stalks celery, cut into 2-inch pieces (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 12 small white onions, peeled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crushed
- 1 cup Swanson® Chicken Stock
- 1/2 cup orange juice
How to Make It
Brush the chicken with the butter. Place the chicken and vegetables into a roasting pan. Season with the rosemary. Stir the stock and orange juice in a small bowl and pour half the stock mixture over the chicken and vegetables.
Roast at 375°F. for 45 minutes.
Stir the vegetables. Add the remaining stock mixture to the pan. Roast for 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
Tip: To quickly peel the onions, place them into a medium bowl. Pour boiling water over the onions to cover. Let stand for 5 minutes. Drain and slip off the skins.