- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 4 (4-ounce) chicken cutlets
- 1/4 cup chopped drained oil-packed sun-dried tomato
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 8 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 (6-ounce) package fresh baby spinach
- 3/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- Cooking spray
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 (1-ounce) slices country-style Italian bread
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded fresh mozzarella cheese
- calories 414
- fat 14.8 g
- satfat 3.9 g
- monofat 6.3 g
- polyfat 2.1 g
- protein 35.5 g
- carbohydrate 33.6 g
- fiber 3.1 g
- cholesterol 77 mg
- iron 4 mg
- sodium 687 mg
- calcium 114 mg
How to Make It
Combine 2 teaspoons olive oil, rosemary, and chicken in a large zip-top plastic bag. Seal and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add remaining 4 teaspoons oil to pan. Add sun-dried tomato, red pepper, and garlic; sauté 1 minute or until garlic begins to brown. Add spinach; cook 1 minute or until spinach barely wilts. Stir in 1/8 teaspoon salt; set aside.
Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat; coat with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Cook chicken 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan; keep pan on medium-high heat.
Top each of 4 bread slices with 1 tablespoon cheese, 1 chicken cutlet, one quarter of spinach mixture, 1 additional tablespoon cheese, and remaining 4 bread slices.
Recoat grill pan with cooking spray. Arrange 2 sandwiches in pan. Place a cast-iron or heavy skillet on top of sandwiches; press gently to flatten. Cook 4 minutes on each side (leave skillet on sandwiches while they cook). Repeat procedure with remaining 2 sandwiches. Cut each sandwich in half; serve immediately.