This was sooooo good. We prepared this for a dinner party and there was one man there who said he wasn't a big fan of lamb. He cleaned his plate and as we were talking, he continued to work on the lamb chops by slicing a little closer to the bone, then a little closer.....Easy to make. Served with Fettucini Alfredo and garlic-sauteed green beans.
This recipe goes with Smart and Saucy Rosemary-Cherry Lamb Chops
Yield: 3/4 cup
More From Southern Living
Amount per serving
- Calories: 251
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 7.5g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 20g
- Carbohydrate: 25g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Cholesterol: 63mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 557mg
- Calcium: 22mg
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1/2 cup cherry fruit spread*
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook onion in hot olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Add garlic and ginger; cook 1 minute. Whisk in broth and fruit spread; bring to a boil.
- Whisk together vinegar and remaining ingredients, and whisk into boiling onion mixture. Cook, whisking constantly, 1 to 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Serve immediately.
- Note: If sauce is too thick, add a little extra chicken broth, and cook, covered, over low heat until thoroughly heated, stirring often.
- *For testing purposes only, we used Polaner All Fruit for cherry fruit spread. Seedless raspberry or blackberry jam may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments