Loved it! Added 3/4 cup shredded parmesano romano cheese when stiring dry ingredients. Brushed with butter last 3 minutes of baking.
Yield: 20 biscuits
More From Oxmoor House
- 3 cups self-rising soft-wheat flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening, chilled
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- Fresh Pork Sausage Patties
- Garnish: rosemary sprigs
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Cut shortening into flour mixture with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add buttermilk, whipping cream, and rosemary, stirring with a fork until all ingredients are moistened. (Dough with be soft.)
- Turn dough out onto a generously floured surface; knead 3 or 4 times. Pat or roll dough to 1" thickness; cut with a floured 2" biscuit cutter, and place biscuits 1" apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 450° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to a wire rack, and cool slightly. Split biscuits with a fork, and fill with warm Fresh Pork Sausage Patties. Serve hot. Garnish, if desired.
- Make Ahead: Make the biscuit dough several days in advance, and freeze unbaked biscuits in a single layer on a baking sheet until frozen solid. Transfer to a large zip-top freezer bag. Seal and store in freezer. Arrange frozen biscuits on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes or until golden.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads