Rosemary Biscuit Croutons
If available, use leftover homemade biscuits in place of baking frozen. Let croutons be the star on a simple salad of mixed spring greens topped with pear slices and crumbled blue cheese. Drizzle with your favorite balsamic vinaigrette.
More From Southern Living
2 Hours, 45 Minutes
- 6 frozen biscuits
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Place biscuits on a baking sheet. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Let biscuits cool completely (about 30 minutes). Reduce oven temperature to 250°.
- 2. Cut biscuits into 1/2-inch cubes. Sauté rosemary and pepper in hot oil over medium heat 30 seconds to 1 minute or until fragrant. Toss biscuits with oil mixture, and place in a single layer on a lightly greased aluminum foil-lined jelly-roll pan.
- 3. Bake at 250° for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until golden brown and crisp, stirring every 20 to 30 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 10 more minutes. Let cool completely (about 15 minutes). Store in an airtight container up to 3 days.
- Note: We tested with Mary B's Buttermilk Biscuits.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note