Rosemary and Lemon Squares
I came up with this recipe on a snowy day in March. I thought a delicious yellow-colored cake might brighten my mood. And it did! This is a guilt-free treat using greek yogurt and quinoa flour. You can add more sugar or leave it out to make it more savory. I use rosemary infused olive oil to enhance the flavor, but regular olive oil would be just fine.
- 1/3 cup(s) Olive oil
- 1/3 cup(s) Fresh rosemary chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) Lemon juice
- 1/2 cup(s) Greek or plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup(s) Honey or natural sweetener
- 2 tablespoon(s) Lemon zest
- 1 cup(s) Quinoa flour
- 1/2 cup(s) Spelt flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) Baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix olive oil, rosemary, lemon juice, honey (or sweetener), yogurt and lemon zest in a medium bowl until smooth. Mix flours, salt, baking powder and baking soda in separate bowl. Pour dry ingredients slowly into olive oil mixture. Pour batter into a greased, square baking dish and bake for 28-30 minutes or until you can pull a dry toothpick out of the center.
- Let cool and cut into 9 squares. Store at room temperature.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by SHGibson and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note