Rosemary and Lemon Squares
I came up with this recipe on a snowy day in March. I thought a delicious yellow-colored cake might brighten my mood. And it did! This is a guilt-free treat using greek yogurt and quinoa flour. You can add more sugar or leave it out to make it more savory. I use rosemary infused olive oil to enhance the flavor, but regular olive oil would be just fine.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/3 cup(s) Olive oil
- 1/3 cup(s) Fresh rosemary chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) Lemon juice
- 1/2 cup(s) Greek or plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup(s) Honey or natural sweetener
- 2 tablespoon(s) Lemon zest
- 1 cup(s) Quinoa flour
- 1/2 cup(s) Spelt flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) Baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix olive oil, rosemary, lemon juice, honey (or sweetener), yogurt and lemon zest in a medium bowl until smooth. Mix flours, salt, baking powder and baking soda in separate bowl. Pour dry ingredients slowly into olive oil mixture. Pour batter into a greased, square baking dish and bake for 28-30 minutes or until you can pull a dry toothpick out of the center.
- Let cool and cut into 9 squares. Store at room temperature.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by SHGibson and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note