That is a easy anf fantastic
Rosemary-and-Garlic-Studded Leg of Lamb
Yield: 16 servings (serving size: 3 ounces lamb and 2 tablespoons sauce)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 173
- Calories from fat: 34%
- Fat: 6.6g
- Saturated fat: 2.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 24.3g
- Carbohydrate: 2.2g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 76mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 240mg
- Calcium: 16mg
- 1 (7-pound) leg of lamb
- 1/4 cup minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup minced fresh garlic (about 14 cloves)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can low-salt beef broth
- 1 (4-inch) rosemary sprig
- 1/4 cup port or other sweet red wine
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- To prepare roast, trim fat from lamb, and cut 16 (3/4-inch-deep) slits into lamb. Combine 1/4 cup rosemary and garlic. Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon rosemary mixture into each slit; rub lamb with any remaining rosemary mixture. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place roast on the rack of a broiler pan or roasting pan. Insert meat thermometer into the thickest part of lamb, making sure not to touch bone.
- Bake at 400° for about 1 1/2 hours or until thermometer registers 140° (medium-rare) to 155° (medium). Let stand 15 minutes before slicing. (Temperature of lamb will increase 5° upon standing.) Remove lamb from pan, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings for sauce; scrape up browned bits with a rubber spatula. Place roast on a platter; keep warm. To prepare sauce, pour reserved drippings into a small zip-top plastic bag. Seal bag; snip off 1 corner of bag. Drain liquid into a medium saucepan, stopping before the fat layer reaches the opening; discard fat.
- Add broth and rosemary sprig to drippings in pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 1 minute. Combine port and cornstarch in a small bowl; add to broth mixture. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Discard rosemary sprig. Serve sauce with lamb.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes