Rose Garden Wedding Cake
- 2 recipes Old-fashioned Butter Cake
- Apricot Glaze
- 2 recipes Almond Buttercream Frosting
- Crystallized Roses and Leaves
- Prepare and bake 1 recipe Old-fashioned Butter Cake, and repeat the procedure with remaining butter cake recipe.
- Cut dome tops off each cake layer using a serrated knife.
- Cover 1 (12-inch), 1 (9-inch), and 1 (6-inch) sturdy cardboard cake circle with aluminum foil; set aside.
- Cook Apricot Glaze in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until thoroughly heated. Spread about 1/2 cup glaze over top of each 12-inch layer, about 1/3 cup glaze over top of each 9-inch layer, and remaining glaze evenly over top of each 6-inch layer.
- Prepare 1 recipe Almond Buttercream Frosting, and repeat the procedure with remaining recipe.
- Spread a small amount of frosting over 12-inch cardboard circle; top with 1 (12-inch) cake layer, glazed side up. Spread a 1/4-inch-thick layer of frosting over glaze, and top with remaining 12-inch cake layer.
- Trim 4 wooden craft sticks to height of 12-inch cake tier; insert vertically into tier, evenly spaced and flush with top of tier, about 3 inches from sides.
- Spread top and sides with frosting, smoothing with a wet metal spatula.
- Spread a small amount of frosting in center of a cake plate; carefully place 12-inch tier in center.
- Assemble and frost 2 (9-inch) layers on cardboard circle as previously described; assemble and frost 2 (6-inch) layers on cardboard circle as described, omitting craft sticks.
- Mound 2 cups frosting on top of 6-inch tier to support flowers.
- Position 9-inch tier in center of 12-inch tier, and position 6-inch tier in center of 9-inch tier.
- Fit a large decorating bag with a large metal tip (No. 4 or 1B); fill bag with frosting, and pipe a border around bottom of each tier.
- Insert stems of Crystallized Roses and Leaves into top and sides of cake as desired. Carefully spoon small amounts of frosting beneath or behind flowers and leaves for support, as needed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts