This looks perfect for Thanksgiving. Will it work if I substitute Greek yogurt for the sour cream?
Don't skimp on the quality of the blue cheese in this recipe.
More From Southern Living
Total: 20 Minutes
- 1 (12-oz.) package wide egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon jarred chicken soup base
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup butter
- 6 to 8 green onions, sliced
- 4 to 6 oz. Roquefort or other blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 (8-oz.) container sour cream
- 1. Prepare noodles according to package directions, adding chicken soup base and oil to water.
- 2. Meanwhile, melt butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Add onions, and sauté 5 to 7 minutes or until tender. Reduce heat to medium-low, and stir in Roquefort cheese, stirring constantly until cheese is melted. Remove from heat, and stir in sour cream until blended and smooth.
- 3. Toss together Roquefort cheese sauce and hot cooked egg noodles. Add seasoned pepper to taste.
We tested with Superior Touch Better Than Bouillon Chicken Base.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note