Roquefort-Cognac Cheese Spread
Inspired by a recipe from Julia Child, this sharp, tangy spread can turn a celery stick into an unforgettable appetizer.
More From Southern Living
Total: 2 Hours, 10 Minutes
- 1/2 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces Roquefort or other blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon minced celery
- 1 tablespoon cognac
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Assorted crackers and sliced fresh vegetables
- Beat cream cheese and butter at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer until smooth. Beat in blue cheese and next 5 ingredients on low speed until blended. Spoon into a serving bowl. Chill 2 hours. Serve with crackers and vegetables.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note