Ropa Vieja (Old Clothes)
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 - 2 1/2 pound(s) flank steak
- 2 cube(s) chicken broth
- 1/3 cup(s) vegetable oil
- 1 onion, large sliced
- 1 green pepper, large seeded and sliced
- 1 (16-oz) can(s) tomato sauce
- 3 clove(s) garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) Accent
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup(s) dry sherry wine
- 1 (2-oz) jar(s) pimientos
- 1 (8 1/2-oz) can(s) green peas
- 1. In a large saucepan place the flank steak and add water until the meat is
- covered. Add 2 chicken broth cubes. Boil for 2 hours or until meat is
- tender at medium-low heat. Remove meat from broth and let cool. Strain broth and save for other uses.
- 2. Cut the flank steak in two or three parts. Shred meat.
- 3. In a large saucepan heat the oil at medium heat. Add crushed garlic and
- sauté with onions and peppers. Add the rest of the ingredients. Cover
- and cook over low heat for 20 to 25 minutes stirring to avoid sticking at
- the bottom. When ready, place in a serving bowl, Decorate with
- pimientos and green peas.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by robinarroyave and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note