Root Vegetable Medley
Yield: Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 3 medium leeks
- 1 fennel bulb
- 3 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 2 cups)
- 2 large parsnips or turnips, peeled and diced (about 2 cups)
- 10 large garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 fresh thyme or rosemary sprigs
- 2 large beets, peeled and cut into quarters
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Remove bulbs from leeks, reserving green parts for another use. Cut bulbs into 1 1/2-inch pieces.
- Remove and discard fennel fronds and outside layer of fennel bulb. Cut fennel into slices.
- Toss together sliced leek bulbs, fennel, carrots, and next 4 ingredients. Place in a 13- x 9-inch roasting pan. Add beets; sprinkle vegetables with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 400° for 1 hour or until vegetables are tender, stirring twice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables