- 1 pound carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 pound new potatoes, quartered
- 1 pound parsnips, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 pound rutabaga, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup cubed fontina cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°. Place first 4 ingredients in a large roasting pan. Drizzle with olive oil, add sea salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Roast vegetables 1 hour 10 minutes or until tender.
Transfer vegetables to a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Stir in cream, fontina, and 1/2 tablespoon parsley; sprinkle top with Parmesan, breadcrumbs, and remaining 1/2 tablespoon parsley. Bake 10 minutes more or until bubbly. Serve hot.