Root Beer Pot Roast
More From Southern Living
Bake: 3 Hours
- 1 (4-pound) eye of round roast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle root beer (not diet)
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle chili sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Sprinkle roast evenly with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Brown roast on all sides in hot oil in a large ovenproof Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion. Remove Dutch oven from heat.
- Stir together remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper, root beer, chili sauce, and garlic until blended. Pour root beer mixture over roast mixture in Dutch oven.
- Bake, covered, at 300° for 3 hours or until tender.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This