Ronald Regan Mac & Cheese
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 pound(s) elbow macaroni
- 1/2 lb macaroni
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup panko (optional) or 1/3 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs (optional)
- Boil macaroni and drain thoroughly. Stir in butter and egg.
- Mix salt and mustard with 1 tablespoons hot water. Add to milk. Add the cheese, leaving enough to sprinkle on top. Pour into buttered casserole, add milk, sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 350F for about 45 minutes or until custard is set and top is crusty.
- I like to sprinkle the bread crumbs atop the mac mixture to get a crunchy crust.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CherylB61 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Ronald Regan Mac & Cheese Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cupcakes