Classic Spanish Romesco Sauce adds bold flavor and color to simply grilled lamb chops.
This recipe goes with Grilled Lamb Chops with Romesco Sauce
Yield: Makes 1 1/2 cups
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 ripe tomato, halved
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped almonds (8 or 9 whole almonds)
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1. Preheat broiler.
- 2. Cut bell pepper in half lengthwise, discarding seeds and membranes. Place bell pepper and tomato halves, skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet. Broil 12 minutes or until skin blackens.
- 3. Place bell pepper and tomato in a zip-top plastic bag; seal, and let stand 15 minutes. Peel bell pepper and tomato.
- 4. Place bell pepper, tomato, almonds, and next 3 ingredients in a blender; blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments