Serve this sauce over pasta, and garnish with parsley sprigs.
Yield: 4 1/2 cups (serving size: 1/4 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 29
- Calories from fat: 40%
- Fat: 1.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 3.6g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.2mg
- Sodium: 64mg
- Calcium: 11mg
- 4 cups (1-inch) pieces red bell pepper
- 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup (1-inch) cubed white bread (about 1 [1-ounce] slice)
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- Combine bell pepper and broth in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until very tender.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add bread; cook 2 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring frequently. Add almonds; cook 1 minute or until nuts are lightly browned, stirring constantly. Place bell pepper mixture, nut mixture, vinegar, and tomatoes in a blender; process until smooth. Pour pureed mixture into pan; cook 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Note: Store in refrigerator for up to 1 week or in freeze for up to 1 month.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments