Romesco Deviled Eggs
Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Lindsey Lower
We mix up the standard deviled egg with this recipe for Romesco Deviled Eggs. Romesco is a nut and red pepper-based sauce from Catalonia, Spain.
Yield: Serves 12
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 90
- Fat: 6.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Sodium: 174mg
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 bottled roasted red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped blanched toasted almonds
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon canola mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon sliced toasted almonds
- Steam eggs in a vegetable steamer 16 minutes; cool slightly, and peel. Slice eggs in half lengthwise, and remove yolks; mash yolks.
- Process roasted red bell pepper, chopped almonds, vinegar, paprika, ground red pepper, and garlic cloves in a food processor until smooth. Stir bell pepper mixture, mayonnaise, and salt into yolks. Divide among whites; top with sliced almonds.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note