- 4 red bell peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 2 plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon harissa
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
How to Make It
Place pepper halves, skin-side up, on a foil-lined baking sheet. Broil, 5 inches from heat, 10 minutes or until skins are blistered and blackened. Let stand 5 minutes, peel, and set aside.
Place tomato halves on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until tender; set aside.
Place almonds on a baking sheet, and bake at 400° for 3 minutes or until toasted.
Process roasted vegetables, almonds, and next 4 ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Add olive oil and vinegar; process until well blended. Season to taste with salt and pepper.