These were wonderful! Fresh, summery, and delicious! This will definitely be in my recipe rotation from now on for all sorts of occasions.
Romas and Goats
- 1 cup panko*
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 11 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 Roma (plum) tomatoes
- Stir together first 5 ingredients in a shallow dish. Stir in butter; set aside.
- Combine goat cheese, pepper, and salt in a small bowl.
- Cut tomatoes in half horizontally; trim a small amount from rounded edges, if necessary, so halves will stand upright. Remove seeds and pulp. Spoon about 2 teaspoons goat cheese mixture into each half.
- Dip tomato halves, upside down, in breadcrumb mixture, coating generously. Place, right side up, on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 15 to 18 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer tomatoes to serving platter. Drizzle with pesto.
- *Panko--large coarse breadcrumbs typically used in Japanese cooking--can be found at Asian or international markets. Toasted fresh breadcrumbs can substitute.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This