Romanesco Broccoli and Cannellini Bean Salad
Photo: Thomas J. Story
The orange vinaigrette brings out the delicate sweetness of Romanesco and doesn't mask its beautiful pale green color.
Yield: Serves 4
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 265
- Calories from fat: 61%
- Protein: 7.4g
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated fat: 2.6g
- Carbohydrate: 23g
- Fiber: 7.9g
- Sodium: 556mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 2 heads Romanesco broccoli (about 1 1/4 lbs. total), broken into medium florets
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped capers
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1. Put Romanesco florets in a steamer basket and set in a large pot filled with 1/2 in. water. Steam over medium-high heat until tender-crisp, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a colander and rinse with cold water.
- 2. Whisk vinegar, oil, orange zest and juice, capers, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients and stir to coat.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This