- 12 ounces campanelle or penne pasta
- 7 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 heads roughly chopped Romanesco broccoli (about 1 1/4 lbs. total)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red chile flakes
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup shredded asiago cheese
- calories 438
- caloriesfromfat 46 %
- protein 13 g
- fat 22 g
- satfat 3.5 g
- carbohydrate 51 g
- fiber 6.5 g
- sodium 257 mg
- cholesterol 5 mg
How to Make It
Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, heat 3 tbsp. oil over medium heat in a large frying pan. Add Romanesco and 1/2 tsp. salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender-crisp, about 5 minutes. Add 1 tbsp. more oil to pan along with garlic and chile flakes. Cook until garlic is fragrant and light golden and Romanesco is tender, about 5 minutes more.
Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup pasta water, and return to pot. Stir in Romanesco mixture, lemon zest, almonds, cheese, remaining 3 tbsp. oil and 1/4 tsp. salt, and enough pasta water to moisten (about 3/4 cup).
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.