My new favorite salad! The dressing is fantastic. I served this with roasted butternut and ginger soup. I would cut out the salt next time I make it, the chicken had plenty and it came out a little too salty. Other than that it's perfect.
Romaine and Turkey Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing
Chop oven-roasted turkey breast from the deli counter into chunks for a quick start on this salad. With crisp parmesan toasts, it's a complete meal.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: about 1 1/2 cups salad and 2 cheese toasts)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 260
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated fat: 2.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 24.2g
- Carbohydrate: 22.8g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 53mg
- Iron: 2.6mg
- Sodium: 694mg
- Calcium: 171mg
- 1/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/2 ripe peeled avocado, seeded and coarsely mashed
- 8 (1/2-ounce) slices diagonally cut French bread (about 1/2 inch thick)
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) preshredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 cups bagged chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cups diced roasted turkey breast (about 8 ounces)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a blender, and process until smooth, scraping sides. Set aside.
- Preheat broiler.
- Arrange bread slices in a single layer on a baking sheet. Sprinkle 1 1/2 teaspoons cheese on each bread slice. Broil bread slices 2 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Combine lettuce and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle buttermilk mixture over lettuce mixture; toss gently to coat. Serve with cheese toasts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads