This dressing was wonderful! I used grilled chicken breast instead of turkey. Also grilled corn on the cob and added that as well as some cherry tomatoes. Added olive oil and garlic to the toasts based on another review. Good addition.
Romaine and Turkey Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing
Chop oven-roasted turkey breast from the deli counter into chunks for a quick start on this salad. With crisp parmesan toasts, it's a complete meal.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: about 1 1/2 cups salad and 2 cheese toasts)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 260
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated fat: 2.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 24.2g
- Carbohydrate: 22.8g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 53mg
- Iron: 2.6mg
- Sodium: 694mg
- Calcium: 171mg
- 1/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/2 ripe peeled avocado, seeded and coarsely mashed
- 8 (1/2-ounce) slices diagonally cut French bread (about 1/2 inch thick)
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) preshredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 cups bagged chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cups diced roasted turkey breast (about 8 ounces)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a blender, and process until smooth, scraping sides. Set aside.
- Preheat broiler.
- Arrange bread slices in a single layer on a baking sheet. Sprinkle 1 1/2 teaspoons cheese on each bread slice. Broil bread slices 2 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Combine lettuce and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle buttermilk mixture over lettuce mixture; toss gently to coat. Serve with cheese toasts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note