Romaine Salad with Sherry Vinaigrette and Toasted Pine Nuts
Serve this salad with our sandwiches--or layered into them for extra crunch and lightness. Prep and Cook Time: 10 minutes.
Yield: Makes 8 to 10 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 124
- Calories from fat: 87%
- Protein: 2.6g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Carbohydrate: 2.6g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Sodium: 70mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons pine nuts
- 12 cups torn romaine leaves
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- 2. Add pine nuts to a medium nonstick skillet and cook over low heat, tossing frequently, until pine nuts turn light golden and become fragrant.
- 3. In a large bowl, gently toss romaine and pine nuts with dressing until leaves are coated lightly but thoroughly. Season with salt to taste.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads